119: Jesus Appears To His Disciples At Evening

Previous

Mark 16:14; Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-23


Jesus Appears To His Disciples At Evening



Some of the disciples were gathered together secretly, fearing the authorities. In the evening of the day Jesus had appeared to Mary Magdalene, the two who had returned from Emmaus were telling how they had seen Jesus; and at that moment he appeared in the midst of the group, saying:

“Peace be unto you.”

The disciples were terrified and frightened, thinking they saw a spirit. But Jesus showed them his hands and the wound in his side, and said to them:

“Why are ye troubled and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that is I myself. Handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.”

And they were glad, knowing he was the Lord.

Jesus said to them:

“Peace be unto you. As my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.”

Then Jesus addressed the disciples, saying to them:

“Receive ye the Holy Ghost. Whosesoever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whosesoever sins ye retain, they are retained.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

39: Jesus Defends His Disciples for Eating with Unwashed Hands

02: The Baptism of Jesus By John

53: Jesus Discusses The Need For Humility