112: Jesus Before Pilate

Previous

Matthew 27:2, 11-14; Mark 15:1-5; Luke 23:1-12; John 18:28-38


Jesus Before Pilate



The next morning Jesus was taken, by his accusers, to Pilate. Pilate asked them:

“What accusation bring ye against this man?”

They replied:

“If he were not a malefactor, we would not have delivered him up to thee.”

Pilate said:

“Take ye and judge him according to your law.”

His accusers answered:

“It is not lawful for us to put any man to death.”

Pilate then called Jesus and asked him:

“Art thou the King of the Jews?”

Jesus replied:

“Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?”

Pilate replied:

“Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me. What hast thou done?”

Jesus answered:

“My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews. But now is my kingdom not from hence.”

Pilate asked:

“Art thou a king then?”

Jesus answered:

“Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Everyone that is of the truth heareth my voice.”

Pilate said to Jesus:

“What is truth?”

Then the governor went out to the accusers and said:

“I find in him no fault at all.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

39: Jesus Defends His Disciples for Eating with Unwashed Hands

02: The Baptism of Jesus By John

53: Jesus Discusses The Need For Humility